Lots and lots of booze.
The day will start with mimosas or bloody marys, lunch will include beer and wine, and the evening cocktails will be consumed in mass quantity. Because nothing says “Happy Birthday, America!” quite like drunken fireworks. I’m kidding! Mostly.
This holiday is about kicking back, relaxing, and enjoy family and summer food. And drinks. Did I mention the drinks? Here are 10 festively patriotic drinks for your 4th of July celebration:
- 4th of July Stained Glass Jello Shots: Red, white, and blue Jello shots? Absolutely! But, this stained glass-inspired version is almost too beautiful to eat. (Drink?)
- Yankee Doodle Cocktail: This recipe combines grape vodka and soda with fresh fruit. I may try blueberries, strawberries, and blueberry vodka myself.
- 4th of July Citrus Splash: I was all in with rum and blue Curaçao, but then she went and added Pop Rocks!
- Red, White, and Blue Daiquiris: This is a delicious recipe for make-ahead daiquiris in a jar. You can customize for any occasion, and the patriotic version is absolutely gorgeous with the addition of fresh fruit!
- Explosive Raspado: If you’re looking for a tequila drink, try this patriotic-inspired margarita with raspberries and blueberries.
- Brazilian Firecracker: This drink is made with VeeV Açai Spirit, which is new to me and created from the Brazilian fruit. I hope they don’t mind if we put it good use for our own country’s celebration.
- Roman Candle: Berry vodka and cranberry juice layered with grenadine and blue curacao create this lovely version of our signature cosmo.
- Skinnygirl Firecracker: This twist on the traditional Bloody Mary includes cucumber vodka. The spicy cocktail definitely lives up to its name!
- Frozen Firecracker: Here’s a great drink to cool you down after the last firecracker. Layering Daily’s frozen daiquiris (are these not the greatest invention EVER?), creates a fun look and a fabulous blend of flavors.
- Red, White, and Blue Sangria: We’ll be posting our summer sangria recipe later this month, but this one is perfect for the 4th and features berry vodka, Triple Sec, and plenty of fresh fruit!